Search “McKinney Soccer Association” in your App Store to download the MSA App!
McKinney Soccer Association is proud to announce the launch of its TOPSoccer Program for Fall of 2018. Registration opens on June 1st.
TOPSoccer sessions are held every Saturday from 5:00pm – 7:00pm through Nov. 3rd on the Championship Field (#13) at the Craig Ranch Soccer Complex in McKinney.
What is TOPSoccer …
TOPSoccer is a US Youth Soccer program designed to provide soccer leagues for young athletes with disabilities. Your athlete will participate on a team that will play a regular season with and against athletes of similar capabilities. TOPSoccer’s emphasis is on development, training and meaningful participation. The program is designed to provide the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any individual who has a physical or intellectual impairment.
TOPSoccer athletes will enjoy the full youth soccer experience of practice, uniforms and games in a league adapted to accommodate their needs.
Athletes will be assisted, as needed, by buddies, that will enhance their overall experience and safety while participating in the league.
MSA is looking for participants of all ages.
Games and practices will be in McKinney.
If you have any further questions about this program, please contact Kimberly at TOPSoccer@mckinneysoccer.org or 972-904-7053.
- TOPSoccer - Registration
- TOPSoccer - Sharing the Beautiful Game
- Coaches and Buddies
- Who can participate in TOPSoccer?
- What can the participant expect?
- Who will be coaching the teams?
- Do you run background checks on coaches and volunteers?
- Will my child receive a uniform?
- How long are the games?
- How much does it cost to participate in TOPSoccer?
FALL TOPSoccer REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
FALL REGULAR REGISTRATION: 6/1/18 through 7/19/18 (ONLINE or In Person)
FALL SATURDAY WALK IN REGISTRATION: 7/14/18 (10:00am – 4:00pm) at the MSA office
Create an individual player account for each player, not a family account.
Date of birth must be verified. Upload birth certificate or United States passport into player’s account in the Club Documents section found in your GotSoccer.com account.
TOPSoccer – Sharing the Beautiful Game
TOPSoccer – Coaches and Buddies
- Need to be 19 years old or older
- Register Online to be a coach and have background check run
- Attend mandatory Coaches meeting on August 18th at 9 AM at the McKinney Soccer Association office.
- Coaches will need to be at the pavilion next to the concession stands at 4:30 each Saturday.
- If under 18 Must have 2 community references can not be a family member
- Need to send an email to TOPSoccer@McKinneysoccer.org explaining why you want to be a buddy.
- If you are part of the PALS program with the school district I will need a copy of your schedule or a note from the PALS instructor. You do not need the above references.
- If over 18 must register as a volunteer at McKinneySoccer.org and have a background check run.
- Buddies need to be at the pavilion next to the concession stands at 4:30 each Saturday.
- We need the buddies to try to make all games to keep consistency for the players.
Contact Kimberly Waggoner at TOPSoccer@mckinneysoccer.org or 972.904.7053 if you have any questions.
Who can participate in TOPSoccer?
- Any child with a disability
- Disability may include but are not limited to the following
- Down Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sight or Hearing Impaired
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
What can the participant expect?
Games and activities that adapted in ways to ensure the players will learn at his/her own pace
- A fun and inviting environment that will be tailored to meet their specific needs.
- Organized practice and games
- 6-8 game season of league play against teams of similar disability
- Weekly practices geared to develop knowledge and skill for the game
Who will be coaching the teams?
- Teams will be lead by volunteer coaches.
Do you run background checks on coaches and volunteers?
- Yes, McKinney runs background checks on any volunteer or coach that is over the age of 18.
Will my child receive a uniform?
- Yes, all participant will receive uniforms.
How long are the games?
- Games will be 45 minutes to an hour including half-time and depending on age level.
How much does it cost to participate in TOPSoccer?
- Our intent is to have all fees paid through donations from local businesses and individuals and we are well on our way to making that goal.
- This is made possible thanks to the McKinney Soccer Association, the City of McKinney, and GotSoccer waving their fees, NTSSA waiving part of the hard costs, and Xara and a local supplier (To Be Named) providing uniforms (jersey, shorts, and socks). Depending on the player’s activity level, shin guards and soccer cleats would be the only things that would need to be purchased for your child. Dick’s sporting goods gives a 20% off coupon for these items to our members prior to season start.
McKinney Soccer Association
1650 W Virginia St, Suite 110
McKinney, Texas 75069
Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Closed for Lunch 12:00pm -1:00pm